Facts (got the facts from an email, not sure if that makes them irrelevant) as presented about the garbage bin scandal:
- Invoice for 2,700 residential garbage bins at US$102.19 sent by Dopwell to Skerrit on April 22, 2008.
- nvoiced price is said to be good through June 05, 2008
- Item is not provided for in the 2007/2008 budget
- Members of the Roseau City Council are not aware of any decision to have government source garbage bins on behalf of the council
- Payments for the US equivalent of EC$275,909.98 and EC$473,887.74 (total of EC$749,797.72) made to Dopwell/Logistical Supply Solution by wire transfer from the National Bank of Dominica (NBD) on May 09, 2008
- Dopwell places on TradeKey.com on May 13, 2008 request quotations for the supply of bins CIF Dominica
- Bins arrive in Dominica on September 24, 2008
- Government grants itself concessions to import the bins duty free on September 26, 2008.
- Concession scheduled to expire on February 26, 2009
- Skerrit presents supplementary budgetary appropriation to Parliament on October 06, 2009 and says that EC$764,541.00 was paid to Logistical Supply Solution for the bins that should have cost no more than EC$200,000.
- Bins are cleared from customs on April 16, 2009 after a VAT payment of EC$112,400 - six and a half months after they arrived in Dominica WHERE DE MONEY GONE?Do the math.
You be the judge, I'm waiting for the final verdict. Is there corruption or not???