Wednesday, May 6, 2009

40 by 40

This is my list of 40 things I want to accomplish before I am 40. I took the list from a 101 magazine website and although they were looking for 101 things I wanted to be more realistic with my list. Some of the things I have already done and some are really farfetched, but it never hurts to dream because you never know where life leads you from day to day. It is an incomplete list so i'm looking for suggestions and those I have already accomplished are highlighted and i also added some comments for the fun of it

40 by 40

01. Run with the bulls in Spain (I've ran with the dogs of Dominica)
02. Skydive
03. Climb a mountain. Any mountain! (too many, but Mont Blanc was memorable)
04. Fly-fish within the Rockies
05. Visit the Pyramids of Giza
06. Scuba Dive at the Great Barrier Reef
07. Learn to play an instrument
08. Swim with Sharks or Dolphins (can't it just be any fish, lol)
09. Sing the National Anthem at a sporting event/ sing in public- Karaoke counts (can't sing)
10. Ride a Motorcycle (will definitely do this)
11. Write a novel or a screenplay (already started this one)
12. Snowboard in the Alps (well I did visit Mont Blanc and skied so that counts, right?)
13. Swim across/in a lake (Fresh Water Lake in Laudat)
14. Unplug your television for a week (does it count if i'm out of the country at the time)
15. Learn another language (parlez-vous francais)
16. Kiss a complete stranger (ladies only)
17. Run a marathon
18. Help someone in another country
19. Learn how to Tango or any other spanish/latin/cultural dance
20. Bungee jump (might have to reconsider this on)
21. Ride a dog sled
22. Create a piece of Art (working on that)
23. Volunteer for a humanitarian organization (yep, do that often)
24. Audition for a role in a play at the community theatre (got the part but the play never happened, writing my own though)
25. Stand up to a bully even if you are not the one being bullied (are you crazy, have you seen my size, I would get crushed, lol)
26. Cook and/or Eat sushi (got pictures to prove it, in my pink apron, lol) pink is a manly colour okay...
27. Publish my book of poetry or two
28. Launch my production company and start on my plays
29. Get married (how could i forget that one) with kids too
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

suggestions needed please

Nesta

2 comments:

Michelle Nicole said...

If you ever make it to the States or Canada two years from now and need a sky diving partner- I am down! My goal is to Sky Dive 10 Times in my life- I have one down- NINE More To Go..

lady v said...

finally meeting me in person after all these yrs should be on that list