Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year's (2009) Resolution

At the beginning of every year people make promises to themselves and these promises never see out the first month without being broken, well at least those that I made and know about.

This year i'm taking a different approach because not only do I not remember my last years' resolution, i'm sure I didnt keep it because of that mere fact.

According to Wikipedia:

A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned. More socio-centric examples include resolutions to donate to the poor more often, to become more assertive, or to become more economically or environmentally responsible. People may act similarly during the Christian fasting period of Lent, though the motive behind this holiday is more of sacrifice than of responsibility. The new year resolution is one example of the rolling forecast-method of planning. According to this method, plans are established at regular short or medium-term time intervals, when only a rough long-term plan exists.

So this year, there will be no new year's resolution, I will just promise to try my best in all my endeavours and strive to improve on my private and public life, but that does sound like a resolution of some sort, now I have managed to confuse myself, lol, well i guess I will just promise to live better, so there you have it, my resolution in 2009. It might be vague but that is how I want it because the achievement of my goal is left to my judgement call.

No comments: