Monday, July 14, 2008

The Wanderer

As promised i went back to my writing this weekend and for some reason I kept thinking of this one idea i had. I couldnt get it out of my head. I spent the weekend at this youth camp with a few of my friends from the Dominica Youth Environment Organization (DYEO Inc.) and everytime i looked around, i heard the sound of the wind through the trees, the sounds of the waves crashing against the rugged Delices coast line.

All this led me to write the following poem:

The Wanderer

I go through the day
Highs and lows, ups and downs
From one position to another
Breeze and currents all together
As dust travelling as the sands of time
I drift with no end in sight

Through the trees, hills and valleys
My location is never stable
North, South, East or West
Moving clouds across the mountain’s crest
My mood always uncertain
Calm as the morning cool
Violent as the tempest’s hands

Strong as a million, moving as one
Only because I will it so
For with one strike I can all devour
Leaving man to scurry and scour
To square one he returns
As I await the violent rebirth

No comments: