Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Stuck: Crossroads

Ever been stuck doing something and you couldn't figure out why and there was no reason in your mind. Well what started out as a situation where I couldnt understand my mental block ended up in my newest of poems. Although the reason I got stuck isn't really the theme of the poem but it addresses difficult, mental and physical "crossroads".

Stuck

I’m stuck
Between this rock and a hard place
I’m stuck
Which direction do I take?
I’m stuck
Left or right, back or forth
I’m stuck
East, west, north or south
I’m stuck
Running out of time, running out of luck
I’m stuck
This seems so right though I know it’s wrong
I’m stuck
Should I tell or just remain mute?
I’m stuck
Maintain the lie or tell the truth
I’m stuck
Because what I need is not what I want
I’m stuck
Now I refuse to choose, refuse to move
I’m stuck
Oh help me for I’m still confused
I’m stuck
Asking for, but refusing the help
I’m stuck
I; my own worst enemy, still my own best friend
I’m stuck
My insecurities will ruin my strength
I’m stuck, yes I’m stuck
by
Delroy "Nesta" Williams
I'm performing this one at the NYC talent show for Global Youth Service Day at the Community Hostels Inc (Grotto Home for the Homeless) on Saturday

1 comment:

bathmate said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate