Friday, August 1, 2008

My first poetry performance

Im scheduled to perform at the Nature Island Book Fair and Literary Festival in Dominica. This is quite an honour for me and should be quite an experience. I will be performing on Day 2 (Saturday 9, August, 2008) at the Alliance Francaise (next to the Bath Estate Bridge) from 2:00pm under the category: Voices From the River's Mouth.

That category is quite suited to me as i was raised in Bath Estate a few minutes away from the river and i remember many days when i would leave home early in the morning and spend my entire day in the river eating mangoes, river grapes, guavas and any fruits that i would find. Even the coco, crayfish and veyo found their way on my plate when i ganged up with my friends to cook a one pot. Those were nice days on this blessed island.

Now back to the performance, i will be joined by fellow bu tmore experienced poetry performers Gloria Augustus, Kemai John, Alma Darroux and Reynold Gustave. If you can find yourself at the Alliance Francaise for the performance or any other performance from Friday 08th - Sunday 10th August please do.

There are also workshops on creative writing, publishing and a children's workshop on the Saturday morning. For further information call the Dominican Reunion Office 440 6079 or visit the website

No comments: