Sunday, March 29, 2009

Teddy; The Poem

I don't usually write poems about teddy bears or things of that nature, my topics are usually about love, nature, social issues among many others. I only wrote this one because a friend needed a poem for a school assignment; it could have been about a rose or teddy bear but I chose the teddy bear and so here it is:



Teddy
By Delroy “Nesta” Williams

Every time I look at you
Your big brown eyes
Staring right back at me

But your lips are always sealed
Wish I could read your thoughts
And pull the words out of your mouth

You listen to my every complain
Never the one to judge or cast blame

I feel so safe knowing
You look over me while I sleep
Earth’s Angel, taking care of me

Truly unlike the other guys in my life
Never demanding a thing from me
While giving so much of yourself

That’s why I love you so
My dear
My big, brown teddy bear


The poem is also in my first poetry book; One Room Shack

No comments: