Wednesday, June 20, 2012

40 by 40 - the updated list

A while back I made this list of 40 things that I would like to accomplish by the age of 40, check here for the list. I think it is time that I update the list, although I am not that close to 40, i'm only 26 years old, (lol, that's an inside joke)... so here is my updated list, which also includes suggestions from friends. Some of the things I had already achieved since the previous list and some are newly achieved (yay for me) and the rest are in the making. Those that i have done are in red. so here is my list:

40 by 40

01. Run with the bulls in Spain (I've ran with the dogs of Dominica)
02. Skydive
03. Climb a mountain. Any mountain! (too many, but Mont Blanc in France, Morne Trois Pitons in Dominica and The Pitons in St. Lucia were most memorable) 
04. Fly-fish within the Rockies
05. Visit the Pyramids of Giza
06. Scuba Dive at the Great Barrier Reef (i'm scuba diving at Champagne reef in Dominica soon) - look out for pics
07. Learn to play an instrument (no luck yet, i want to play drums though)
08. Swim with Sharks or Dolphins (i snorkeled and that should count)
09. Sing the National Anthem at a sporting event/ sing in public- Karaoke counts (i still can't sing)
10. Ride a Motorcycle (will definitely do this)
11. Write a novel or a screenplay (started but not yet completed, i'm such a procrastinator at times)
12. Snowboard in the Alps (well I did visit Mont Blanc and skied so that counts, right?)
13. Swim across/in a lake (Fresh Water Lake in Laudat, twice, almost died the last time, long story, but i will still do it again)
14. Unplug your television for a week (yes i did and i'm still doing that one, i completely shut out tv from my life, I use my laptop instead, lol)
15. Learn another language (parlez-vous francais?)
16. Kiss a complete stranger (a lady needs to help me out with this one, just come up to me and kiss me, i don't bite, well unless you want me too)
17. Run a marathon ( I MUST DO THIS ONE)
18. Help someone in another country (sent stamps and my poetry book to a collector in Spain)
19. Learn how to Tango or any other spanish/latin/cultural dance (i've got two left feet)
20. Bungee jump (nope, not doing this one at all)
21. Ride a dog sled (once i make it to Canada or Alaska, somebody buy me a ticket, please)
22. Create a piece of Art (I did that, didn't you read One Room Shack, if that ain't art then i don't know eh)
23. Volunteer for a humanitarian organization (yep, do that often)
24. Audition for a role in a play at the community theatre (got the part but the play never happened, writing my own though)
25. Stand up to a bully even if you are not the one being bullied (well i have spoken out against more powerfully people than me, i guess that should count, they were politicians though, but they can be considered bullies, lol)
26. Cook and/or Eat sushi (got pictures to prove it, in my pink apron, lol) pink is a manly colour okay...
27. Publish my book of poetry or two
28. Launch my production company and start on my plays ( I JUST NEED TO STOP THE PROCRASTINATION)
29. Get married (how could i forget that one)
30. Meet Pinky in NYC
31. Meet the Dalai Lama (i gotta make this work)
32.Visit India, Egypt of Ethiopia (i've been to the Motherland 3 times, the next time i am eloping to one of these places)
33. Do a book review for a stranger (working on that one)
34. Close down my Facebook account (not a chance of doing that one)
35. Have two children (need to breed, continue my surname)
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

feel free to add more, suggestions needed please!!!

Nesta


No comments: