Saturday, October 29, 2011

Untitled and Unfinished

Just like the title of the work, this poem will remain untitled and unfinished... because I wish it so:



Untitled and Unfinished




I miss our midnight phone calls


Those private conversations


That always put me to bed


You knew just what to say


I remember every word too


The ability of my mind


To retain your words


Every pronunciation


Yes, every enunciation


Still etched in my brain


The sound of your voice


As the cold wind blew


Through the trees outside my window


The ability of your mind


So great, so sublime


Knowing just what to say


Calming my ruffled nerves


Getting me to see things beyond myself


The world through your eyes


This is all gone, here and now


all I do is twist and turn


Can’t even lay down my head


Or close my eyes


For, I see your face


I hear your voice


You haunt my nights


Like howling ghosts


Harrowing at me with such guile


That my neck hairs stand up with pride


At full attention


Unwarranted celebrations


The independence that I wanted


So dependent on your presence


I’ve made a mistake


I know it now


But this ego of mine


Won’t let me apologize


So I continue to bear this agony


Sleepless nights, helpless days


I accept it as fact


But won’t sound the words


That you were my better half


So incomplete that I malfunction... (to be continued... maybe)

No comments: